a little follow up

I was delighted to hear back from some of the workshop students to say how inspired they'd found the TXT Message workshop was last week. I always hope that students carry on with the ideas when they get home so I was really thrilled to her that Elizabeth spent the very next day working on her fabrics...

The next step for these fabrics will be to start cutting and stitching. I hope Elizabeth will send me photos after she's had the scissors out!

It's not just workshops that I like to follow up on, I love to see what people do with Fingerprint fabrics too. This one:


Out of Time 2 which you can get your hands on in the Fingerprint Store from only £1.50, has been transformed by Cordula to this wonderful piece:


Isn't it beautiful? I love the quilting and the additions of the hands and gold paint. Here's Cordula's blog link if you'd like to see more of what she does. http://stichelei.blogspot.co.uk

Meanwhile I've been distracted by a new toy. I've bought a stylus for my iPad. After much deliberation I went for the Adonit Jot Touch 4. As you can see in these photos from the Adonit website it's got a fine tip that I thought would be as much like using a pen or pencil as possible.

I've only had a quick play with it so far, but I really like it. I've been drawing using ProCreate and Paper 53. 


Predictably I've done a poppy. I really quite like the quality of line. You might have spotted a new header image on the blog. Here it is:
I'm loving the layering of all the marks and textures. I can't see any reason why I couldn't print these digital drawings to fabric which would be fun.


Comments

  1. I love these new stylus' . This one looks really fine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment