Grrrr.

A friend of mine's blog is called Grumpy and Mad. Of course she is neither, well, not grumpy anyway. The same can't be said of me, the moniker should be mine. I often wonder why people bother with diaries and blogs, why do I write one? Of course! - it's the perfect way to get things off your chest. I've just written a grumpy and mad post, vented my spleen and promptly deleted the draft. Of course it's the post you probably all want to read most, the one where I let rip, but no, I'm not going to inflict it on you, besides, I feel much better now.

I am very happy to be on the home straight with my latest quilt. I confess to falling in and out of love with it. At times it's all too much Chanel handbag, but then I spot it across the studio as the light is falling on it and it's a lovely, luxurious jewel. I'm just completing the binding so I'l post proper photos when that's done but for now here's a couple of details.




Having recently taped a video on one of my favourite techniques for DMTV I was really tempted to add a little paint over the whole surface to tame the gold down a bit. Having slept on it, I'm not going to and have stayed my paint roller armed hand. There's a sister piece to this one that is painted and I reckon if I do the same to this one there'd be no point in having two of them! 

"Frosting" - a technique for adding paint to stitched textiles. A recent video on DesignMattersTV. 
I'm really pleased with how the backings are working on these latest pieces. You might remember I created these handwritten digital print fabrics months ago and they've been patiently waiting in a pile for their moment. At least there won't be any confusion over the title!



Comments

  1. Pardonay Mois? Mad???? Well, ok, on a bad day I do make people twitch and I have seen them back slowly towards the nearest refuge - you know the kind of thing, bus stops, Salvation Army meeting points, thick trees, cupboards under the stairs, etc. Are you vexed m'dear? And are you absolutely SURE we can't persuade you to share? No? OK, perhaps one for next time we share a bottle of wine or a box of chocs!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a March hare! It was sit-in protests at Ikea wot swung it m'lud. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, Fair Cop, I'll give you that one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That writing it all down and getting it all off your chest is so cathartic you don't have to do anything with it but it out of the way and gone and makes you feel so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this looks like it's going to be a stunner!

    As for your rant - well, I'm guilty of posting a rant or two on both my blog AND Facebook (although my personal page, never my business page); but in truth, I feel it's best to not put that out into the world - there is so much unkindness, anger, tragedy in the world already, why add to it?

    On the other hand, if you ever need to let 'er rip, well, a: it's YOUR blog, do as you will and b: sometimes you just have to or you'll explode! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. - I love Annabel's blog, although I love her art even more! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment