Happy Days

I think it's true that all anyone needs to be happy, well me at least, is to be with family, have lovely food and the warmth of the sun on your back. Today was one of those perfect days.

The Wooden House studio was designed as a working space, but it was always our intention that it would moonlight as a party place. The tables were rearranged, Amelie had made the egg decorations and my assortment of vintage glass ink and milk bottles were filled with hyacinths, giant snowdrops, hellebores and daffs from the garden.


The reason? Today was the Egg Hunt! When I was little I remember going to visit my Grandma and Grandad and we'd search for foil wrapped eggs in the field. It's such a fun tradition I'm intent on keeping it up. We hid a couple of dozen eggs and chocolate rabbits in the garden for everyone to search out. They were here, there and everywhere...


I think it's highly unlikely we've actually found them all. I'm rather hoping that next week when I'm weeding I'll stumble on a creme egg; wouldn't that be a nice treat after a couple of hours grafting in the garden!

Of course a certain someone thought the whole thing was quite magical. I hope she doesn't expect there to be chocolate rabbits in trees every week.


After the party guests had gone home I couldn't resist soaking up the last of the day's spring sunshine camera in hand.



Hope you all had a lovely weekend too.
Laura
x

Comments

  1. What a glorious way to celebrate spring. Wishing you more parties and perhaps more found treasure in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you're making lots of wonderful, magical memories in your new home, garden and workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you're making lots of wonderful, magical memories in your new home, garden and workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we once did this for our 2 kids and they still talk about it & would still be happy for us to do it again even though they are now 19 & 20.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment