Fingerprint at Festival

With taking care of such a large exhibition at Festival of Quilts this year, we couldn't manage our usual stand too. I know lots of people were disappointed not to be able to browse the fabrics, but I just couldn't be in two places at once, much as I'd like to be!

Fingerprint still had a presence at the show though - I kept spotting quilts that we'd printed. Here are the ones I managed to get pictures of...


Congratulations to Hazel Ryder who won 3rd place in the Quilters' Guild Challenge with this wholecloth quilt. It's a digital photo that we printed on a medium plain cotton.



The lighting on this triptych by Georgina Newson was dramatic, but my photo isn't doing it any favours. They were 3 lovely pieces. We printed Georgina's drawings of the woman onto silk and cotton.


Congratulations are in order again for Susan Orchin for this quilt which won the Art Quilt category. It's a wholecloth which we printed onto cotton poplin.



I love Alice in Wonderland and had been looking forward to seeing how this piece by Jane Varrall would come together. I think it's turned our brilliantly don't you? We printed the figures of Alice onto cotton poplin which Jane has appliquéd onto the background.


I spotted this quilt by Karin Huttemann. Last time I saw these fabrics they were images that we'd printed as greyscale so it was great to see how Karin had over dyed them and added more detail with hand printing.


I haven't seen this quilt in real life, so thank you to Jenny Bacon who made it for sharing the photo. She's made lovely use of one of our printed fabrics from the Fingerprint range, this one is called Frosted Leaves. Jenny's placed it within a hand dyed surround which she's then closely hand quilted.



If you have ideas for quilts using digital printing then please do get in touch and I'll be happy to advise on the fabrics that we have available. The possibilities are endless! My email address is laurakemshall@gmail.com. Here at Fingerprint we're keen to make digital printing accessible to everyone. Prices start from £6 for a fat quarter, most cottons are £36 per metre (60") wide and prices include fabric and printing, the only extra is postage depending on where you are in the world.

Thanks for visiting today,
Laura
x

Comments