September, I missed you!

I love September and I've nearly missed the whole month in a blurred haze of medical mayhem. There were some highs amongst the lows, including a certain someone's birthday party.


(I didn't check permission to post the photo from the other moms and dads, hence the fuzzed out faces). Yes, that's a real life, ginormous snake weighing about 14 stone. It got closer and closer to the ground as their little arms got tired!

If you're a DMTV viewer then you'll know I've been out of action just lately. I've not been at all myself for quite a while now, but you know how it is, you just keep going and and think you'll start to feel better in the morning. Well, collapsing and taking an ambulance ride with paramedics to the hospital put pay to that. Turns out I'm very, very anaemic. We're not sure why yet, so there are lots of fun tests to come, but in the meantime they pepped me up with a blood transfusion because my levels were pretty much on the floor.


Many of you have emailed and sent cards to wish me a speedy recovery and I just wanted to say a huge thank you. It is lovely to read all the messages and feel all that positive energy. But especially I want to thank people who give blood. I'm not sure I would be feeling very well at all without the transfusion so if you're one of the wonderful people who takes time out of their life to go and give blood, then thank you. Thank you very, very much!

The doctors have to find the reason for the anaemia, fix it and then it'll be a while till I'm fully better. For now it's the end of burning the midnight oil, I'm resting and taking it easy, but each day I'm feeling less tired and more like my old self. I'm getting bored, so I know I must be getting better!

Hopefully it won't be long till I'm back working and blogging.

Thanks again for following and for all your love and concern.
Laura
x


Comments

  1. You just take care of yourself! Your fans will be here when you are up and back "at" it!! Prayers your way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Robbie said, your health is the most important thing right now. I am so happy that you are feeling better and trying to follow doctor's orders. There is little that is more frustrating that not knowing what is wrong. I am hoping you get some answers soon. Rest, relax, stitch, and repeat! I imagine that Amelie is an excellent nurse. I love the expression on her face with the snake. Take care and know that somewhere in the world, 24 hours a day, there is someone on Facebook to root you on. Reach out if you need anything. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take it easy, Laura - no video to give is not the worst.
    In the meantime, I took out my things and began to make a quilt - finally! I am not very skilled yet, but it is so much fun to create something very special. Everything learned by Linda and Laura :-)
    Get better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very happy you are home and resting. Make sure you stay taking it easy. I have decided to continue working on my DM Sketchbook modules and that should keep me busy for quite awhile. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura good to here you are getting better. But keep in mind. You still have to rest and listen to you body. There are lots of thing you can do resting. Listen to calm and relaxing music, enjoy a good book. Do some research in art books. Overlook you sketchbooks and right down new ideas.Time for sorting out some some color pencils and brushes boxes while you sit down. And I think there is noting wrong with some drawing now and then. I still have to catch up with a lots of videos so don't hurry on my account. The studio is almost finish and then the fun is getting started. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending healing thoughts. My husband used to be a triathlete. He said competitive triathletes needed to rest as hard as they trained. So I'm sending healing thoughts to enable you to rest as hard as you work. That's quite a concept, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so good to hear from you. I do hope you get something more definitive in the way of an answer to why this happened other than you are busy 23 hrs a day!! You are missed and cared for. Please know there are so many sending love, healing energy and well wishes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bless you, Laura! You are doing the best thing possible right now: following doctors' orders! Anemia can be a challenge, but there are lots of "fixes" in the medical world for the malady.
    Take care, rest lots, and enjoy the caring love of family, friends, and fans!
    Love from Washington state,
    Flavia Rousu

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been thinking of you Laura. You looked so exhausted at FOQ. I hope it doesn't take long for them to work out the anaemia. Glad you are beginning to be bored. But bored can be a good thing. A needle some thread and a bit of fabric to fill with stitches is a good thing when I am too unwell or have overdone things. keeps me resting. Part of the boring is thinking we aren't productive...which no amount of telling by others seems to get into our heads! So, the random stitching means you actually see you are doing something that might actually get used one day. Anyway. Big hugs, and lots of thoughts and prayers. Sandy Snowden

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to hear you are on the mend - and a diagnosis is a step in the right direction. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so good to hear from you again!I wish you quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment