From Fabric to Quilt

Back in the summer I ran a couple of workshops, one of which looked at how designs can be developed using collage techniques for digital printing. I had a lovely group of students join me and they painted, printed, cut and collaged all day to create collections of designs on paper that we then digitally printed to cotton fabric back here at Fingerprint. The fabrics were then posted out to the students and that was the last I've seen of some, but I'm always delighted when I get a chance to follow up and see how the fabrics have been used.

Elizabeth used her printed fabrics for cushions which she's machine quilted. Aren't they just a riot of colour and pattern?

This week Judy Fairless sent me images of the two quilts that she's completed both using Fingerprint digitally printed fabric. These are both wholecloth, the first was a collage design using Judy's gorgeous painted papers and the second a photograph that she'd altered. 



Both quilts will be on display as part of 'Connection' a new exhibition by Cwilt Cymru at the Needle Museum in Redditch from 11th February to 9th March. 

I just spotted the binding on the quilts - it works a treat don't you think? 


Comments

  1. These are wonderful. I love the beautiful cushions that your student made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100% Organic Clothing and Organic Approved Digital Printing. Vertical Integrated Digital printing factory with GOTS approved.

    Visit here:- digital printing fabrics

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment