Finishing the heart print cushion


DMTV viewers will recognise the print and piecing for this cushion. Since taping the video workshop  for DMTV I've completed the quilting and today had the satisfying job of sewing up the cushion.


Still loving pompom trim for cushions!





The quilting I've done is pretty densely worked so the front panel of the cushion ends up quite firm and stable. If you use a thin fabric for the back of the cushion it'll just not work very well, you need something that's equally robust for the back.


I've been tidying my under-the-bed-store of old quilts and decided that I'd had this one for too long. If I've not sold it or shown it in another exhibition then I reckon I don't need it anymore. I sliced off the binding and cut two rectangles to make an envelope back for the cushion. The close quilting was a perfect match for the front panel.


I bound the edges of the envelope with some of the black and white print fabric that features in the piecing on the front.


And there you have it, a nice and lively addition to the work room.


Bye for now,
Laura
xx


Comments

  1. a stunning addition to the work room! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pillow is perfect for your couch. Is the printing of the couch a work in progress or are you done? I love the idea of creating your own "upholstery". Hope you are feeling more like yourself and looking forward to spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeannie, It's a work in progress! Whenever I've got a bit of paint left in my palette and an interesting thought in my head, I've been adding something else to it. The plan is to completely cover it! I'm feeling much better again this week thank you, that last dose of iron has given me a real boost. Bring on Spring! :-)

      Delete
  3. As always, a wonderful piece! Glad you are feeling better and hope it continues!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment