Hen's Teeth Scarves

We've been printing some really fascinating jobs here at Fingerprint over the last few weeks. Today I thought I'd share with you one that is particularly charming. I'm sure many of you will already know Viv Sliwka's work via her blog Hen's Teeth Art. Her whimsical embroideries collaged from vintage fabrics and found treasures have been featured in many publications.

In preparation for the Hen's Teeth stand at the Selvedge Winter Fair this week (31st Oct, 1st Nov) we've printed some beautiful scarves onto silk double georgette. As you can see the embroidery has translated into digital print perfectly. It's hard to believe those stitches are printed and aren't actually stitched onto the silk, and oh-so-tempting to try to pick up the buttons!





If you're tempted to start your Christmas shopping, but can't make it to the Fair this weekend, you can contact Viv via her blog.

Oh dear, I just said the Christmas word! Sorry everyone! Mind you, it is almost November and if you're going for handmade presents this year rather than the mass produced high street offerings, now is the time to get started. We can print custom fabrics to make all sorts of personalised gifts. Over the next few weeks I'll be sharing a few of my ideas to help get you inspired!

For now I'll leave you with another close up of the scarves. Thanks for dropping by, Laura x


Comments

  1. Okay, now I am totally impressed with your digital printing! I will check it out for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment