A new machine

Linda and I had a fun afternoon at the SVP headquarters, the home of Husqvarna Viking and Pfaff sewing machines. Talk about kids in a sweet shop! We'd been invited to take a look at their new machines in particular to put the new Pfaff Powerquilter 16 through it's paces.


It's a longarm type machine which you can see comes mounted into it's own table. There's the option of stitch regulation if you want it, although we prefer non-regulated, I suppose because that's what we've always been used to with our Gammill. It's got a double capacity bobbin which is a great timesaver and it whizzes away with 1500 stitches per minute! I'm not sure I could keep up, but it's easy to slow the motor down and go at your own pace too.


If you'd like to come and see it in action we'll have one on our stand at Fashion, Embroidery & Stitch at the NEC later this month where I'll be demonstrating freehand quilting. In the meantime you can find out more on the Pfaff website. 

Comments

  1. Hi Laura, I'm sure you'll love your new machine if you get one, I have the HQ Sweet Sixteen sit-down (looks identical) and absolutely love the space for free motion. I chose this over a stand up long-arm and am really pleased I did. I know you have your Gammil, but this is different type of quilting. Hope to see you both at Birmingham, I'm travelling over from Spain. Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment